Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

PHILIPPINE EAGLE OWLS AT ANGONO, RIZAL | e-BON

The site of the Angono Petroglyphs is recently attracting tourists not only because of the oldest known work of art in the Philippines but because of the family of owl living on the site where the 3000BC work of art is located.


PHILIPPINE EAGLE OWLS AT ANGONO, RIZAL | e-BON:

"WBCP MEMBER VINCENT LAO WRITES ABOUT HOW HE CAME TO DISCOVER ANOTHER PHILIPPINE EAGLE OWL FAMILY, THIS TIME IN ANGONO INSTEAD OF BALARA AND MOST AMAZING OF ALL — VIEWABLE IN THE DAYTIME!

OWLING AT ANGONO
by Vincent Lao

I had never heard of the Angono Petroglyph in Binangonan, Rizal before. I learned about the site from a travel blog. With the limited directions available online, I was not surprised that only a few people knew of the place. But this also meant that it was a good place for birds!

My first visit to the site gave me an impression that it might be a good place for hiking. On my second visit, I was told that there were some owls in the area. It was during my third visit that I actually saw an owl in the wild for the first time. The owl was easy to identify because I had seen some pictures of the Philippine Eagle Owl family in Balara reported by another birder a few weeks ago. This owl seemed cooperative enough while I was taking shot after shot with my digiscope setup. It even stared at me as if to say “Go ahead, take your best shot!” or probably just gauging whether or not I was a threat."

Visit the online newsletter of the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines for the complete story:
http://ebonph.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/philippine-eagle-owls-at-angono-rizal/


'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment